Thursday, July 16, 2009

Given up: my tiny rented apartment in favour of a shared flat – saving me at least £500 a month – time to plan a longer trip…


Dear “Addicted to Africa Diary”....Nightmare with cash flow! Rent day today and the over-inflated prices in London are killing me. It’s hard going to save anything over a measly £30 a month!!! Luckily a couple of mates are hoping to share digs - can’t wait to move in!

With my travel kitty back on track, I’ve got my sights set on the 43-day Kenya To Cape Town – well either that, or the 58-day Ultimate African Overlander. I could always do a mini-overland tour of just 13-days, but with more cash to splurge on my trip why not just go all out on the BIG one. After all, it’s a great chance to see more of Africa.

The 58-day whopper would be mind-blowing as there’s a day of voluntouring in Jinja and an opportunity to go gorilla trekking in Western Uganda. Now all I have to do now is explain this holiday to my boss! Don’t worry Africa – I’ll be back there soon…

Amelia Smith...

Saving up for your next Africa trip...any great ideas on how to generate more cash for Amelia's travel kitty? From the weird to the wonderful we're all ears…

No comments: