Thursday, June 11, 2009

Bye bye tube – from now on I’ll be cycling to the office…


Dear "addicted to Africa" diary...Ugh, could it be any worse!!! The recent run of great weather only served to make me feel more depressed about the long wait until my next overland trip.  I know there’s been a lot of talk about “stay-cations,” but I’ m sorry a weekend in Brighton doesn’t quite cut it when you’ve been darting around the Maasai Mara in search of the Big Five.  We caught the best of the wildlife in the mornings as the reserve's predators are early birds, and they’re always in search of a hearty breakfast once the sun is up. I only missed the elusive leopard off my check list – another excuse for a return visit. 

I'm afraid it's a thumbs down for England. Instead I’ve decided to cycle into the office and save on the tube fare.  More cash for the travel kitty… Africa here we come! 

Amelia Smith...

Saving up for your next Africa trip...any great ideas on how to generate more cash for Amelia's travel kitty? From the weird to the wonderful we're all ears...

Image copyright®: Ian Britton (http://www.FreeFoto.com)

No comments: